- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp – peeled and deveined, tails left intact
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- Step 1
Place mayonnaise, ketchup, creme fraiche, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, cider vinegar, brown sugar, paprika, salt, cayenne pepper, Worcestershire sauce, green onion, and parsley in a bowl. Whisk together until ingredients are well combined. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, 2 to 3 hours.
- Step 2
Drizzle olive oil and juice from half a lemon over the shrimp just before grilling. Sprinkle with salt and smoked paprika. Gently but thoroughly toss until shrimp are coated.
- Step 3
Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Step 4
Grill over hot coals until shrimp are pink and flesh is opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a dish and refrigerate until shrimp are chilled, about 30 minutes. You can remove shrimp tails or leave them on.
- Step 5
Divide romaine lettuce among serving bowls. Arrange cherry tomatoes, avocado slices, and egg halves on top. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle on about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup dressing on the vegetables, and top with the shrimp and sliced green onions. Drizzle additional dressing over the shrimp, if desired.
Recipe from Chef John of Foodwishes.com